Business Development (BD)
Business Development funds will be invested behind projects that will lead to the growth of new and existing businesses primarily throughout Northumberland County. These activities include an array of initiatives that support job creation/sustainment, innovation, research and development, commercialization and business practices that work to position the area for global markets and competitiveness.
Business Development (BD) Guidelines
- Commercial Enterprises
- Non-profit organizations
- Aboriginal organizations; and
- Post-secondary institutions
- business planning initiatives (business development, expansion, marketing, export and strategic plans)
- skills development and training
- business and trade opportunity development
- innovation initiatives including commercialization of new technologies, innovation and technology research and development
- technology enhancement initiatives such as advanced innovative web enhancements, e-commerce, e-learning platforms, customized software development and installations that improve efficiencies and productivity
- other incremental activities designed to stimulate business opportunities.
Ineligible Costs are those that are deemed unreasonable, not incremental and/or not directly related to the eligible project activities. Costs incurred outside of the eligibility dates as defined in the Northumberland CFDC Contribution Agreement will not be supported. EODP project support is not intended to fund ongoing core operational costs.
Cost are eligible in the sole opinion of Northumberland CFDC.
Contributions to for-profit Eligible Project Recipients will be non-repayable and require a minimum 50 percent investment. The EODP contribution will not exceed $100,000 per Eligible For-Profit Project Recipient.