Community Innovation (CI)
Community Innovation enables community-led economic development projects that enhance and diversify local economies. This is achieved by working in partnership with industry-driven business development organizations and post-secondary institutions to build the economic and innovative capacity of Northumberland County with particular emphasis on developing opportunities for sustainable economic growth and job creation.
Community Innovation (CI) Guidelines
- Not-for-profit organizations including municipalities and municipal organizations, corporations and community economic development organizations
- Commercial enterprises including individuals, corporations, partnerships, cooperatives or trusts
- Aboriginal organizations
- Post-Secondary Institutions
- Contribute to achieving EODP objectives by supporting community-based initiatives which stimulate business and community development opportunities, promote economic development leading to a competitive and diversified regional economy, contribute to the successful development of business and job opportunities and sustainable self-reliant communities
- Demonstrate broad support from the respective community; and
- Offer sustainable and measurable economic benefits to the local and/or regional economy
Community Innovation projects may include but are not limited to:
- community-based economic development projects
- research projects
- marketing and promotional activities
- export and trade initiatives
- and other activities in support of economic development
Ineligible Costs are those that are deemed unreasonable, not incremental and/or not directly related to the eligible project activities. Costs incurred outside of the eligibility dates as defined in the Northumberland CFDC Contribution Agreement will not be supported. EODP project support is not intended to fund ongoing core operational costs.
Cost are eligible in the sole opinion of Northumberland CFDC.
Contributions to for-profit Eligible Project Recipients will be non-repayable and require a minimum 50 percent investment. The EODP contribution will not exceed $100,000 per Eligible For-Profit Project Recipient.