for up to $15,000
Business loans starting at 0% interest with flexible terms.
DELIA is an automated lending platform for women-owned and women-led innovation-driven enterprises located anywhere in Southern Ontario.
We are here to help innovative women entrepreneurs grow their business with automated lending and entrepreneurial development.
- Loans up to $15,000
- Interest rates starting at 0% (and no more than Prime plus 2%)
- 12-24 month terms
- Online application, instant decision
- No prepayment penalty
- Deferred payments in response to COVID-19
- Loan administration fee of 1.5%
See our Limited Time Offer below
for concurrent entrepreneurial development opportunities.
LIMITED TIME OFFER
The next 30 approved DELIA loan recipients will receive:
- A seat in Growclass, by Sarah Stockdale, Southern Ontario’s premiere virtual growth marketing course
- Singularity University Canada Leadership Certificate
- 1:1 strategy consulting for entrepreneurial and business success, plus access to DELIA webinar series.
Total value: more than $10,000
DETAILS & FAQs
DELIA prioritizes investment in innovative Women-owned and Women-led enterprises in Southern Ontario as part of an inclusive and equity-based strategy for economic development and diversification. The objective of DELIA is to close existing service and access to capital gaps to help to ensure under-represented women can successfully start, scale up and expand their innovative high-growth-potential ventures with dedicated financing and strategy services. It is expected that DELIA will have two cohorts by 2023 and will support a minimum of 30 businesses.
The Women Entrepreneurship Strategy (WES) of the Government of Canada is encoded in DELIA’s Fintech-driven lending model developed in partnership with CORL. Our loan automation and credit engine uses Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Bank Level Security in order to streamline funding opportunities. Northumberland CFDC provides an easy, online application process and instant pre-approval decisions on commercial loan applications up to $15,000.
Successful loan recipients will be automatically inducted into a concurrent entrepreneurial and training program providing advisory and support services, networking opportunities, accelerator space, and skills development.
In delivering this initiative with the support of the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario) Northumberland CFDC is fully committed to diversity and inclusiveness. Women-owned and Women-led enterprises remain underrepresented in the Canadian economy, however, they experience faster growth relative to men-owned enterprises (Source: Statistics Canada). Now is the time to strive for the potential of equity in gender participation in economic advancement.
What qualifies as “Southern Ontario?”
What qualifies as “women-owned or women-led”?
What type of Women-led SMEs qualify for the purposes of applicant eligibility?
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Clean Technology
- Digital Industries
- Resources of the Future (forestry, water, etc.)
Innovative ventures are typically engaged in bringing valuable new products and processes to market that fill a gap or address a need in a way that is fundamentally different from the existing competition, representing a technological leap forward. Innovative-driven companies are in growth mode and their expansion leads to further investment in innovation capital, increased sales, export market access, quality job creation and other positive economic multiplier effects that contribute to strong, sustainable and diversified economies.
What kind of applicants are prioritized by DELIA?
- Located in a rural or remote area
- Official language minority community (French)
- Persons with disabilities
- Recent immigrants or newcomers
- Visible minorities
How does the application process work?
What information should I have handy for my online application?
- Scanned image file of your Passport or Driver’s License for identification
- Articles of Incorporation/Business Registration
- Business Bank Account online sign in information (username and password)
- Other online account sign in information (e.g. QuickBooks Online)
- Business performance metrics (e.g. income, expenses, gross margin calculation, etc.)
- Other documentation you may wish to include, such as a business plan (a concise document outlining major planning assumptions)
How does the entrepreneurial development work for approved participants under the Limited Time Offer?
Successful DELIA applicants will be contacted by a member of the DELIA team who will organize an onboarding and orientation session. Our strategic advisors will meet with you one on one to determine how to optimize entrepreneurial training and for the recipients of our Limited Time Offer, to advise of upcoming training dates for Growclass and Singularity University Canada sessions. Until further notice, due to COVID-19, all training and mentoring sessions will be online and virtual.
What is the meaning of the DELIA brand?
Who administers the loan?
What about the confidentiality of my application?
How is the DELIA decision made?
Will a DELIA application affect my credit score?
HACKING THE DIGITAL CURVE - Empowering Women Entrepreneurship
10 Complimentary Sessions. Experience the value of DELIA now!